strongSwan VPN Client Description
I installed this application recommended by nordvpn support so that I can speed up my connection. It doesn’t work at all. I followed instructions step by step and it won’t connect at all. I click on it to connect and nothing happens. Reading the other reviews it seems I’m not the only one. Fix this or no one will be able to use it. Here we provide strongSwan VPN Client V 1.9.2 for Android 4.0.3++ Official Android 4+ port of the pervasive strongSwan VPN solution.
# FEATURES AND LIMITATIONS #
* Uses the VpnService API featured by Android 4+. Devices by some manufacturers seem to lack support for this – strongSwan VPN Client won't work on these devices!
* Uses the IKEv2 key exchange protocol (IKEv1 is currently not supported)
* Full support for changed connectivity and mobility through MOBIKE (or reauthentication)
* Supports username/password EAP authentication (namely EAP-MSCHAPv2, EAP-MD5 and EAP-GTC) as well as RSA/ECDSA private key/certificate authentication to authenticate users, EAP-TLS is also supported
* Combined RSA/ECDSA and EAP authentication is supported by using two authentication rounds as defined in RFC 4739
* VPN gateway certificates are verified against the CA certificates pre-installed or installed by the user on the system. The CA or server certificates used to authenticate the gateway can also be imported directly into the app.
* IKEv2 fragmentation is supported if the VPN gateway supports it (strongSwan does so since 5.2.1)
* Split-tunneling allows sending only certain traffic through the VPN and/or excluding specific traffic from it
* Per-app VPN allows limiting the VPN connection to specific apps, or exclude them from using it
* The IPsec implementation currently supports the AES-CBC, AES-GCM and SHA1/SHA2 algorithms
* Passwords are currently stored as cleartext in the database (only if stored with a profile)
* VPN profiles may be imported from files (this is the only reason why the app requests android.permission.READ_EXTERNAL_STORAGE)
Details and a changelog can be found on our wiki:
if there is any problem please let us know. Write your problem in comment box below.
Was working perfectly on previous version on my Android 4.4, but this upgrade not even able to connect to vpn and saying Strongswan stop working, jump out from the apps. Fix please. 5 Jul, it works with new update. Thanks for the prompt action.
Download strongSwan VPN Client APK File
- Price: Free
- Downloads: 0
- Requires: Android 4.0.3+ and up
- File Name: strongSwan VPN Client.apk
- Updated: October 16, 2017
- File Size: 8.4 MB
DISCLAIMER: strongSwan VPN Client is the property and trademark from , all rights reserved by Click on the above link to proceed to the apk file download page or app buy page.
What's New in strongSwan VPN Client
- # 1.9.2 #- Supports split-tunneling on client (only route certain traffic via VPN and/or exclude traffic from the VPN)- Supports per-app VPN (allow only certain apps to use the VPN or exclude apps from using it)- Certificate requests may be disabled- NAT-T keepalive interval is configurable- Imports profiles via SAF- Fetches CRLs via simple HTTP/S fetcher- More efficient log view- Disconnect button in notification- Handles backslashes in usernames- Adds Traditional Chinese translation
History Versions strongSwan VPN Client
- strongSwan VPN Client 1.9.2 Apk File [Free] Date: 2017-10-16